Corporate Charter: UCC
Financing Statement (UCC) Filings
This page has information and links related to the revised Article 9. For questions not answered on these pages, call our Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) division at (410) 767-1459. (If you are in Maryland but outside the Baltimore area, you may call 1-888-246-5941 and select options 1, then 2, then 1.)
Unlike many other states, the Department of Assessments and Taxation does not search records. View a listings of private companies that will search UCC filings.
Rejection of Filings
Reasons for refusing a UCC record presented for filing
Statutes and Regulations
The statutory basis for these regulations is Section § 9-101 (Title 9), Commercial Law, Annotated Code of Maryland. Section § 9-101 (Title 9) is no longer listed on this website. Please use the online Maryland Code to view the most recent updates to § 9-101 (Title 9) and other MD Statutes.Recordation Tax: This tax will no longer be due on financing statements filed with the State Department of Assessments and Taxation.
§ 9-101 (Title 9)- Secured Transactions
- Subtitle 1 - General Provisions
- Subtitle 2 - Effectiveness of Security Agreement; Attachment of Security Agreement; Rights of Parties to Security Agreement
- Subtitle 3 - Perfection and Priority
- Subtitle 4 - Rights of Third Parties
- Subtitle 5 - Filing
- Subtitle 6 - Default
- Subtitle 7 - Transition
(COMAR Online) Regulations; search for Title 18 UCC Filing Statement Regulations
NOTE: Due to the fact that the laws governing the formation and operation of business entities and the effectiveness of a UCC Financing Statement involves more than filing documents with our office, we suggest you consult an attorney, accountant or other professional.
Filings of 8 or fewer pages $25 Filings of 9 or more pages $75
Forms & Instructions
- UCC1 - National UCC Financing Statement and instructions
- UCC1Ad - National UCC Financing Statement Addendum and instructions
- UCC3 - National Financing Statement Amendment and instructions
- UCC3Ad - National Financing Statement Amendment Addendum and instructions
There are no Maryland-specific instructions for this form. Follow the instructions provided on the back of the national form.
- UCC5 - National Financing Statement Correction Statement and instructions