Tax Credit Programs and Exemption Information
The applications on this page are in PDF and require the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and print. You can download a free copy of the Adobe Reader directly from the Abode website.
- Homeowners' Tax Credit an income based program
- Renters' Tax Credits
- Homestead Tax Credit for owner-occupied residential property
Frequently asked questions about the Homestead Eligibility Application
- Real Property Tax Exemption Information
Exemption Applications are listed at the bottom of this page.
Homeowners' and Renters' Tax Credits
The homeowners' and renters' tax credit programs are designed to help low-income homeowners and renters by limiting the amount that they must pay in property taxes. To receive the tax credit, an application and all supporting documents must be sent to SDAT normally no later than September 1 of each year.
Local tax credit programs that supplement the State Homeowners' Tax Credit
- Frederick County
- Garrett County
- Harford County
- Howard County
- Kent County
You may also request an application by mail:
- Telephone the Taxcredit unit at 410-767-4433. If you live in Maryland but outside the Baltimore area, call (800) 944-7403.
- Or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a postal mailing address when requesting an application. Applications can not be e-mailed.
Once the application has been completed and signed, mail to:
State Department of Assessments & Taxation
Tax Credit Program
301 W. Preston Street, Room 900
Baltimore, Md. 21201-2395
For faster processing of your application please specify Homeowners or Renters on the outside envelope.
Real Property Exemption Applications
For further information, or to receive a particular tax exemption application, contact your local Department of Assessments and Taxation office. Completed applications must be mailed to your local assessment office.
Applications in PDF:
Agricultural Use Assessment Blind Persons Charitable Property Fraternal, Benevolent, or Educational Property Governmentally Owned Property Surviving Spouses of Disabled Veterans Surviving Spouse of a Military Casualty