Welcome to our website..In Maryland the valuation of all real and personal property for purposes of property taxation is a function of State government. The Director of Assessments and Taxation, appointed by the Governor, administers and enforces the property assessment and property tax laws of Maryland. This organizational structure allows for uniformity of property assessment throughout the State.
Assessments & Taxation
- Questions about a specific property should be directed to the Assessment Office in the jurisdiction where the property is located.
- Contact the Business Personal Property Division regarding Sole Proprietorships and Legal Entity Assessments.
- Tax Credit and Exemption Programs administered by SDAT
- Current years Constant Yield Tax Rate chart
- For copies of property tax bills, contact your local Tax Billing and Collection Office.
- Current State & Local Property Tax Rates.